Pet Care Tips
Keep your family friend healthy and happy with some of the following tips:
- Love - Your pet becomes a member of your family. Loving your pet is one of the most important things you can do.
- Exercise - Physical activity keeps pets healthy, happy and fit by reducing the risks of arthritis, joint disease, and diabetes through exercise. It also gives your pet an outlet for their excess energy.
- Regular visits to the veterinarian - Regular visits to the veterinarian are very beneficial for several reasons:
- Provide your pet with their yearly vaccinations.
- Ensure your pet is safe to be around other animals.
- Prevention of diseases that could otherwise be very serious to you or your pet's health.
- Allow any health problems to be caught before they get out of control.
- Good nutrition - There are many pet foods that offer options for a well-balanced, moderate-cost, and high-quality diet for your pet. At Town & Country Vet Clinic, we offer nutritional consultations.
- Grooming - Helps your pet smell good and prevent possible health problems as well.
- Enrichment - An enriched environment is another key to the long-term health and welfare of your pet. Don’t allow your pet to suffer from pure boredom; gift your pet with toys that will provide a mental challenge for them.
- Reassurance and positive reinforcement - Always commend your pet for doing the right thing.
- Discipline by positive reinforcement - A well behaving pet is generally less stress to their owners and more manageable.
- Time - Spend time bonding with your pet by exercising, grooming or playing games with them.
- Socialization - Make it easy for your pet to adapt to most situations by giving them exposure to different environments.